Well, remember that wrap that I posted about being stuck in the washer back in, oh.... June?! Probably, since there is only one post between that and this one. Someone is a fail at updating her blog.
Anyhow, I finally got around to fixing that this last weekend. Because it did not turn out pretty. At all. I tried to sell it, no dice - it was super ugly so I understand, no hard feelings! :) I really was hating on that wrap a lot at that point. I didn't even want to look at it and I was just so disappointed that it hadn't worked out the way I wanted. It turned green in some spots. GREEN! See?
So, it has been sitting unused and unloved for quite a few months now. I actually didn't realize it had been as long as it has been. Oh well. I finally dumped the rest of my dye in the big rubbermaid, added lots of salt and water, and stuck the wrap in there. I didn't take any pictures but just imagine a big rubbermaid full of black water in my bathtub, and that is what it looked like.
After years and years (okay, one day) of rinsing, here is the result! I went from hating the wrap with every fiber of my being to loving it madly within two days. It is so beautiful now. And it is pretty much the exact colours of my deep sea fish wrap.
I didn't actually mean for it to come out as a gradation. I think I must have failed at halving the dye and had less of it, or maybe it was just more diluted to start with. But I think it works! It is still not perfect or even by any means. But at least it looks good now. :D Kai was with his grandparents so I wrapped up some teddy bears.
I had been planning to sell it but I don't think I can now. It is so crunchy though from dyeing, I think it will be joining us in bed for the forseeable future! :P Seriously, virtually impossible to wrap with. I hope it improves quickly.